People use emails for a wide variety of reasons. Whether it is to facilitate business or to communicate with friends and family, a lot of information is exchanged via email. In order to protect the privacy of users, email service providers employ a number of security steps, the most common of which is your email password. Every time AOL users want to access their email they enter their unique password. AOL recommends changing your password at least once every six months, as a security precaution. This article will guide you on how to change an AOL password using an Apple operating system. For more information on the different security measures, you can employ you can call the AOL Email Customer Service Number on the website.
Change AOL password on the website
For Apple users, AOL has a simple two-step process to change and update your password. You will first need to change your password through the official AOL website. You can follow the steps given below:
- Open your internet browser and go to the AOL account page.
- Use your login credentials and sign in to your account.
- Go to the account settings and search for the ‘Change My Password’ option.
- Answer the security question that follows and continue.
- Type out a new password in the given field. (Look at the password tips section in this article to know how to create a strong password.)
- Retype the password to confirm and then click ‘Continue’.
You have successfully changed your AOL email password. Now you can go ahead and update it on your Apple device.
Change AOL password on Apple OS
For Apple users, once you change your password via the AOL website you will also need to update it on your Apple device. Just follow the steps given below and you should be done in no time:
- Go to the “Settings” option on your Apple device.
- Search for the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” section and select ‘AOL’.
- Enter your AOL email address in the field provided.
- Select “Password,” and enter the new AOL password you created.
- Review the changes you made and then click ‘Done’.
AOL Password Protection Tips
As mentioned earlier a strong password will protect your data and secure your account against hackers. Here are some suggestions you can follow when making changes to your password:
- The longer your password the more difficult it is for a third party individual to retrieve it.
- Make sure you use a different password for your accounts.
- Do not repeat old passwords, always enter a new password to secure your account.
- Try and include number and symbols in your password.
Remember, when it comes to your password you can never be too careful. If you notice any suspicious activity on your account you should call the AOL Email Technical Support and speak to a trained technician immediately. AOL experts are available 24 hours a day to help you resolve any problems with your account.
Read more: AOL Email Support number
Source URL: How to Change an AOL Password Using an Apple OS